Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Wager
- [v. t.] - Something deposited, laid, or hazarded on the event of a contest or an unsettled question; a bet; a stake; a pledge.
- [v. t.] - A contract by which two parties or more agree that a certain sum of money, or other thing, shall be paid or delivered to one of them, on the happening or not happening of an uncertain event.
- [v. t.] - That on which bets are laid; the subject of a bet.
- [v. t.] - To hazard on the issue of a contest, or on some question that is to be decided, or on some casualty; to lay; to stake; to bet.
- [v. i.] - To make a bet; to lay a wager.