Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Vain
- [superl.] - Having no real substance, value, or importance; empty; void; worthless; unsatisfying.
- [superl.] - Destitute of forge or efficacy; effecting no purpose; fruitless; ineffectual; as, vain toil; a vain attempt.
- [superl.] - Proud of petty things, or of trifling attainments; having a high opinion of one's own accomplishments with slight reason; conceited; puffed up; inflated.
- [superl.] - Showy; ostentatious.
- [n.] - Vanity; emptiness; -- now used only in the phrase in vain.