Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Vail
- [n. & v. t.] - Same as Veil.
- [n.] - Avails; profit; return; proceeds.
- [n.] - An unexpected gain or acquisition; a casual advantage or benefit; a windfall.
- [n.] - Money given to servants by visitors; a gratuity; -- usually in the plural.
- [v. t.] - To let fail; to allow or cause to sink.
- [v. t.] - To lower, or take off, in token of inferiority, reverence, submission, or the like.
- [v. i.] - To yield or recede; to give place; to show respect by yielding, uncovering, or the like.
- [n.] - Submission; decline; descent.