Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Sable
- [n.] - A carnivorous animal of the Weasel family (Mustela zibellina) native of the northern latitudes of Europe, Asia, and America, -- noted for its fine, soft, and valuable fur.
- [n.] - The fur of the sable.
- [n.] - A mourning garment; a funeral robe; -- generally in the plural.
- [n.] - The tincture black; -- represented by vertical and horizontal lines crossing each other.
- [a.] - Of the color of the sable's fur; dark; black; -- used chiefly in poetry.
- [v. t.] - To render sable or dark; to drape darkly or in black.