Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Quadrate
- [a.] - Having four equal sides, the opposite sides parallel, and four right angles; square.
- [a.] - Produced by multiplying a number by itself; square.
- [a.] - Square; even; balanced; equal; exact.
- [a.] - Squared; suited; correspondent.
- [a.] - A plane surface with four equal sides and four right angles; a square; hence, figuratively, anything having the outline of a square.
- [a.] - An aspect of the heavenly bodies in which they are distant from each other 90? or the quarter of a circle; quartile. See the Note under Aspect, 6.
- [a.] - The quadrate bone.
- [a.] - To square; to agree; to suit; to correspond; -- followed by with.
- [v. t.] - To adjust (a gun) on its carriage; also, to train (a gun) for horizontal firing.