Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Obedience
- [n.] - The act of obeying, or the state of being obedient; compliance with that which is required by authority; subjection to rightful restraint or control.
- [n.] - Words or actions denoting submission to authority; dutifulness.
- [n.] - A following; a body of adherents; as, the Roman Catholic obedience, or the whole body of persons who submit to the authority of the pope.
- [n.] - A cell (or offshoot of a larger monastery) governed by a prior.
- [n.] - One of the three monastic vows.
- [n.] - The written precept of a superior in a religious order or congregation to a subject.