Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Nap
- [v. i.] - To have a short sleep; to be drowsy; to doze.
- [v. i.] - To be in a careless, secure state.
- [n.] - A short sleep; a doze; a siesta.
- [n.] - Woolly or villous surface of felt, cloth, plants, etc.; an external covering of down, of short fine hairs or fibers forming part of the substance of anything, and lying smoothly in one direction; the pile; -- as, the nap of cotton flannel or of broadcloth.
- [n.] - The loops which are cut to make the pile, in velvet.
- [v. t.] - To raise, or put, a nap on.
- [n.] - Same as Napoleon, 1, below.