Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Naked
- [a.] - Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.
- [a.] - Having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed; defenseless.
- [a.] - Unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of sustenance, etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.
- [a.] - Without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.
- [a.] - Mere; simple; plain.
- [a.] - Without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.
- [a.] - Not having the full complement of tones; -- said of a chord of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or fifth.