Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Mad
- [n.] - A slattern.
- [n.] - The name of a female fairy, esp. the queen of the fairies; and hence, sometimes, any fairy.
-  - p. p. of Made.
- [superl.] - Disordered in intellect; crazy; insane.
- [superl.] - Excited beyond self-control or the restraint of reason; inflamed by violent or uncontrollable desire, passion, or appetite; as, to be mad with terror, lust, or hatred; mad against political reform.
- [superl.] - Proceeding from, or indicating, madness; expressing distraction; prompted by infatuation, fury, or extreme rashness.
- [superl.] - Extravagant; immoderate.
- [superl.] - Furious with rage, terror, or disease; -- said of the lower animals; as, a mad bull; esp., having hydrophobia; rabid; as, a mad dog.
- [superl.] - Angry; out of patience; vexed; as, to get mad at a person.
- [superl.] - Having impaired polarity; -- applied to a compass needle.
- [v. t.] - To make mad or furious; to madden.
- [v. i.] - To be mad; to go mad; to rave. See Madding.
- [n.] - An earthworm.