Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Mace
- [n.] - A money of account in China equal to one tenth of a tael; also, a weight of 57.98 grains.
- [n.] - A kind of spice; the aril which partly covers nutmegs. See Nutmeg.
- [n.] - A heavy staff or club of metal; a spiked club; -- used as weapon in war before the general use of firearms, especially in the Middle Ages, for breaking metal armor.
- [n.] - A staff borne by, or carried before, a magistrate as an ensign of his authority.
- [n.] - An officer who carries a mace as an emblem of authority.
- [n.] - A knobbed mallet used by curriers in dressing leather to make it supple.
- [n.] - A rod for playing billiards, having one end suited to resting on the table and pushed with one hand.