Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Labyrinth
- [n.] - An edifice or place full of intricate passageways which render it difficult to find the way from the interior to the entrance; as, the Egyptian and Cretan labyrinths.
- [n.] - Any intricate or involved inclosure; especially, an ornamental maze or inclosure in a park or garden.
- [n.] - Any object or arrangement of an intricate or involved form, or having a very complicated nature.
- [n.] - An inextricable or bewildering difficulty.
- [n.] - The internal ear. See Note under Ear.
- [n.] - A series of canals through which a stream of water is directed for suspending, carrying off, and depositing at different distances, the ground ore of a metal.
- [n.] - A pattern or design representing a maze, -- often inlaid in the tiled floor of a church, etc.