Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Label
- [n.] - A tassel.
- [n.] - A slip of silk, paper, parchment, etc., affixed to anything, usually by an inscription, the contents, ownership, destination, etc.; as, the label of a bottle or a package.
- [n.] - A slip of ribbon, parchment, etc., attached to a document to hold the appended seal; also, the seal.
- [n.] - A writing annexed by way of addition, as a codicil added to a will.
- [n.] - A barrulet, or, rarely, a bendlet, with pendants, or points, usually three, especially used as a mark of cadency to distinguish an eldest or only son while his father is still living.
- [n.] - A brass rule with sights, formerly used, in connection with a circumferentor, to take altitudes.
- [n.] - The name now generally given to the projecting molding by the sides, and over the tops, of openings in mediaeval architecture. It always has a /quare form, as in the illustration.
- [n.] - In mediaeval art, the representation of a band or scroll containing an inscription.
- [v. t.] - To affix a label to; to mark with a name, etc.; as, to label a bottle or a package.
- [v. t.] - To affix in or on a label.