Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Jade
- [n.] - A stone, commonly of a pale to dark green color but sometimes whitish. It is very hard and compact, capable of fine polish, and is used for ornamental purposes and for implements, esp. in Eastern countries and among many early peoples.
- [n.] - A mean or tired horse; a worthless nag.
- [n.] - A disreputable or vicious woman; a wench; a quean; also, sometimes, a worthless man.
- [n.] - A young woman; -- generally so called in irony or slight contempt.
- [v. t.] - To treat like a jade; to spurn.
- [v. t.] - To make ridiculous and contemptible.
- [v. t.] - To exhaust by overdriving or long-continued labor of any kind; to tire or wear out by severe or tedious tasks; to harass.
- [v. i.] - To become weary; to lose spirit.