Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Hackney
- [n.] - A horse for riding or driving; a nag; a pony.
- [n.] - A horse or pony kept for hire.
- [n.] - A carriage kept for hire; a hack; a hackney coach.
- [n.] - A hired drudge; a hireling; a prostitute.
- [a.] - Let out for hire; devoted to common use; hence, much used; trite; mean; as, hackney coaches; hackney authors.
- [v. t.] - To devote to common or frequent use, as a horse or carriage; to wear out in common service; to make trite or commonplace; as, a hackneyed metaphor or quotation.
- [v. t.] - To carry in a hackney coach.