Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Hackle
- [n.] - A comb for dressing flax, raw silk, etc.; a hatchel.
- [n.] - Any flimsy substance unspun, as raw silk.
- [n.] - One of the peculiar, long, narrow feathers on the neck of fowls, most noticeable on the cock, -- often used in making artificial flies; hence, any feather so used.
- [n.] - An artificial fly for angling, made of feathers.
- [v. t.] - To separate, as the coarse part of flax or hemp from the fine, by drawing it through the teeth of a hackle or hatchel.
- [v. t.] - To tear asunder; to break in pieces.