Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Gag
- [v. t.] - To stop the mouth of, by thrusting sometimes in, so as to hinder speaking; hence, to silence by authority or by violence; not to allow freedom of speech to.
- [v. t.] - To pry or hold open by means of a gag.
- [v. t.] - To cause to heave with nausea.
- [v. i.] - To heave with nausea; to retch.
- [v. i.] - To introduce gags or interpolations. See Gag, n., 3.
- [n.] - Something thrust into the mouth or throat to hinder speaking.
- [n.] - A mouthful that makes one retch; a choking bit; as, a gag of mutton fat.
- [n.] - A speech or phrase interpolated offhand by an actor on the stage in his part as written, usually consisting of some seasonable or local allusion.