Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Cabbage
- [n.] - An esculent vegetable of many varieties, derived from the wild Brassica oleracea of Europe. The common cabbage has a compact head of leaves. The cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc., are sometimes classed as cabbages.
- [n.] - The terminal bud of certain palm trees, used, like, cabbage, for food. See tree, below.
- [n.] - The cabbage palmetto. See below.
- [v. i.] - To form a head like that the cabbage; as, to make lettuce cabbage.
- [v. i.] - To purloin or embezzle, as the pieces of cloth remaining after cutting out a garment; to pilfer.
- [n.] - Cloth or clippings cabbaged or purloined by one who cuts out garments.