Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Abandon
- [v. t.] - To cast or drive out; to banish; to expel; to reject.
- [v. t.] - To give up absolutely; to forsake entirely ; to renounce utterly; to relinquish all connection with or concern on; to desert, as a person to whom one owes allegiance or fidelity; to quit; to surrender.
- [v. t.] - Reflexively: To give (one's self) up without attempt at self-control; to yield (one's self) unrestrainedly; -- often in a bad sense.
- [v. t.] - To relinquish all claim to; -- used when an insured person gives up to underwriters all claim to the property covered by a policy, which may remain after loss or damage by a peril insured against.
- [v.] - Abandonment; relinquishment.
- [n.] - A complete giving up to natural impulses; freedom from artificial constraint; careless freedom or ease.