Fear for no peers!
Free English Dictionary
Definition of Abacus
- [n.] - A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- [n.] - A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc. It is still employed in China.
- [n.] - The uppermost member or division of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave. See Column.
- [n.] - A tablet, panel, or compartment in ornamented or mosaic work.
- [n.] - A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.